Wednesday, May 14, 2008

To tell or not to tell??

My friend Meena recently told me some juicy gossip about our friend Deena. I'm pretty sure she wasn't supposed to tell me all that she did but she just couldn't help it. In the flow of our conversation she ended up spilling all the wrong beans. Her boyfriend was probably very shocked and quite unhappy about the fact that she had done so. Afterall, what if I went back and told Deena what Meena had said about her? But to my friend Meena this hadn't occurred, that is, until she saw Deena the next time. She felt like Deena was ignoring her or somehow being different. Now, I never went and told Deena anything so I know that there is a good chance Deena is just being normal but guilt has made Meena extremely paranoid and so it finally hit her. Perhaps spilling the beans on our good friend Deena wasn't such a good idea after all.

We have all been in this situation before. As funny as it was watching Meena, I realized that I have probably felt that paranoia at some point in my life. It is so hard to withhold information and so tough not to just add your 2 cents when talking about other people. Especially when you know stuff that no one else does. I've learned my lesson in the past so these days I refrain from sharing any information I might know that others don't. I have always been the kind pf person that says things behind people's backs that they could say to their faces but sometimes you end up saying stuff you might not want to say to any one's face. Now, however, I think its best just to mind your own business and only share information that others already know. This way you avoid the paranoia that can truly torture you time and time again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why do people like to talk about other people so much? They should just mind their own bizness.