Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ob-li-ga-tions

Life is crazy busy! I'm sure thats the case for most.  There seem to always be endless amounts of things to do and constant hope for longer days with more hours in the days.  Birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, bridal showers, baby showers,  dinner parties, girl's night out, mommy's night out, date nights, double dates, festivals, vacations, visitors, etc. There was a point when I used to feel overwhelmed by all this.  It felt like I could never keep up with everything I needed to do and the list seemed to grow exponentially.  Few weeks ago I was speaking to my MIL and complaining about how we don't have a single weekend free till New Year's and she said to me, "Thats good, that means your life is full!" Took me a second to absorb it but she was right.  My life is full.  Its full of wonderful people (for the most part),  full of goals and expectations & social and personal obligations. And I'm lucky to have that, right? I mean as much as I may complain about never having enough time, the fact that I'm busy is the sign of a good life, especially since its busy because I choose to make it so.  I could skip on many "obligations" but I choose not to.  I like seeing my family every week and spending time with our friends, even if its through sad times.  I like having my calendar full.  I like all the items I put on there.  They are there because I want them to be.  Very rarely do I "have to" do things I don't want to.  So I'm thankful ... for all of it ... even the sad ones ... and despite the few "have to's" I'm glad to have most of the "want to's" : )

No comments: