Monday, July 07, 2008

Judgement

It is so easy for us to judge people. When you're outside, looking in at someone, its so easy to say what they should or shouldn't be doing. If someone's immature or annoying or dillusional, we are so quick to judge and deliver our verdict on their behaviors. When that same judgement is made about us, its hard to accept. How could people misunderstand what you are doing or make conclusions about you without knowing the full story? But isn't that what we do to others? I admit, quite often I'm quick to judge and form my opinions about people based on just a few minutes spent with them. I have to remind myself that I don't know the person nor their life story or even their current circumstances to really be able to conclude my analysis of their personality. Nothing is ever as it seems. People are multidimensional. You can't just look at them under one light and assume thats how they are all the time. There is usually a rhyme and reason for everything and until you know the full story, you really should try to hold back. Just a small reminder to be kind and rewind your opinions of others that you were perhaps too quick to judge. And by you I really just mean me :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great words :)