Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Sense of time

These days I feel like I have no sense of time, or perhaps it was like this before and I just never realized it. When I see my friends it feels like I just saw them yesterday when in reality I haven't seen them in 3-4-5 months (maybe I just didn't miss them that much *haw* or maybe these past few months have flown by). I thought my 3 year anniversary was coming up but I haven't even passed the 2 year mark yet. I've been in this city for a few years but it feels like a lifetime, Can't even imagine not having lived here. What did I ever do before moving here?

Looking back I think about some of the significant events in my life: birthdays, relationships, graduations, jobs, moves, etc. Its almost surreal to me that I experienced those at some point in my life. I feel so distant from some of these events, which could also be a result of major memory loss thanks to gallons of alcohol consumption over the years. Its almost as if I am remembering scenes from some movie I saw many years ago instead of having lived through those times myself. Clearly it was me; celebrating those birthdays, going through the relationships, working on my class projects, changing jobs every 2 years, moving to new cities every few years; definitely me that lived through it. Then why does it feel like someone else's life. Have I changed that much?

I don't know if its good or bad but time seems to be passing me by faster then I had ever imagined. I need to remind myself to take a breather and reflect on life in order to appreciate all the good and bad that has made this life sucha fun adventure so far.

No comments: