Friday, March 03, 2006

WE BE CLUBBIN ..... STILL!!!!


Recently i've received a few emails about people's notions of what clubbing means to most desis. How every clubbing expereince is about getting wasted so u can deal w/ old drama and start new ones, about guys chasing after girls that would never give them a shot and girls running after guys that were never interested in them to begin with, about guys trying to prove their manhood by protecting their "property" (aka any girls that came with them or ones they saw first) and fighting any guy that comes even close to doing what they themselves would do to other girls in a heartbeat, about how repetitive and boring it gets but somehow no one can stop the vicious cycle. I'm sure this is an exaggerated version meant to humor people but there's gotta be some truth to the whole thing.

For me personally, clubbing has never been about that. When I was younger, I loved going clubbing coz I LOVED to dance and it was fun to dance the night away with my bf. We always went with our friends and had a great time. I didn't even drink much initially so alcohol was never really a big part of my clubbing experience until after i graduated from college and moved away from my bf to a different city and into a long distance relationship.


After that I'd go clubbing coz thats what most people seemed to wanna do and I was trying to make friends in a new city. It wasn't until I met Chulbuli that my clubbing experience took another turn. Both of us used to paint the town red, mind u this is not a big metropolitan city we're talking about. We used to live in a very suburaban area with a much more conservative lifestyle. We, however, took partying to a whole different level. We'd go out 3-4-5 days a week .. just the 2 of us. We rarely drank and yet had the BEST time ever. We were both so passionate about dancing and danced every night we were out getting unbelievable amounts of attention from guys (yes .. of course we loved it especially coz we'd never let any of the guys get close). We were the Prudes and Proud of it ; ) We created our own drama and mainly just laughed everything off coz really for us it was all about having fun and enjoying life to the fullest. And so we did. Chulbuli .. those were def some FUN YEARS we spent together.

After years and years of partying, my love and stamina for clubbing has certainly gone down and now that I don't drink at all my patience and tolerance have lowered significantly. For me it always was and is about the hours before that I spend picking an OUTFIT and GETTING READY, about meeting my FREINDS and HANGING OUT with them, about trying NEW VENUES and checking out the HOTTEST PLACES in town, about GOOD MUSIC and DANCING my ass off. I still LOVE going clubbing if the company, music and place are to my liking.


Over the years the alcohol consumption has gone up tremendously and I've definitely had some crazy nights out especially when we take our clubbing to another city or country. But overall .. its been a fun experience. The drama, the drinking, the dancing ... its all been worthwhile and something I wouldn't trade for anything.

--Bulbuli =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

clubbin' eh? you'll def enjoy this:

http://maniktahla.blogspot.com/2005/08/dewey-desi-mal-system-your-index-to.html

En said...

What is this the Bunty Aur Bubbly gang? lol! Jokes!

Nice blog!! *waves* You've got some really funny stuff, I'm going read the rest of them too!

Take Care,

Enyur