Monday, January 09, 2012

1. Stop spending time with the wrong people

"Stop spending time with the wrong people. – Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.  If someone wants you in their life, they’ll make room for you.  You shouldn’t have to fight for a spot.  Never, ever insist yourself to someone who continuously overlooks your worth.  And remember, it’s not the people that stand by your side when you’re at your best, but the ones who stand beside you when you’re at your worst that are your true friends."


This is soooo important.  You are who you surround yourself with and I have severely realized the importance of this in the past few months.  This world is full of dramatic, angry, selfish, self-centered, pessimistic people.  At times whether its out of pity or wanting to help them, I find myself trying to bring them to the other side but quickly realize that its hard to change a person.  Instead I end up stuck between them and the negative energy, not a place anyone needs to be.  So, Goodbye drama! Goodbye negativity! Goodbye wrong people!!!!  


I recently read somewhere that if people spent less time finding faults in others and more time fixing their own flaws, the world would be a much better place.  So I'd like to spend more time on making sure I do the right things and becoming a better person and fixing my own flaws : )